If you reblog any of my gifs from tv shows or movies please watch them because I wouldn't have giffed them if they weren't legit. Go to amazon or whatever and bulk buy series boxsets. The Doctor Who series 1-4 is like £40 I mean woh bargain. Don't go watching them online illegally, come on. Hard copies (DVDs) of shows are the best things ever. Who wants money for Christmas? Losers. Winners want boxsets of their favourite shows and movies for Christmas. Be a hero. Choose the good life.
How I make saturated gifs
I keep finding new ways to colour gifs but this is my most updated way
I’ve got most of my tips+tricks from blogs like yeahps and pscs5 so check them out for textures, psds, basically everything you need. If you don’t know how to make a gif, check out my tutorial or check out those blogs’ tutorial pages.
1. Sharpen your gif, resize and crop it to your liking and we’ll start colouring.
2. Firstly, we add a bit of brightness and these are the settings I used
3. Then add a Black & white layer. Most people use a black and white gradient but I think the black and white tool is better because you can change the darkness on specific colours. Set it to Overlay (or soft light, whichever looks better for your gif and you can decrease the opacity)
These are my settings:
and this is how my gif looks so far:
4. We now add some Levels because the darks don’t look dark enough and these are my settings.
5. We now add two vibrance layers. (I got this tip from charliecarvers) By using two, it makes it so much easier later on if faces are too red or the gif is too saturated and won’t upload. These are the settings I used:
my gif looks like this now we’ve added some colour:
6. As the leaves are quite orange, I opened colour balance and increase the colours that would make the leaves more red but allowed the path to stay blue. I increased the reds and yellows in the Midtones and Shadows but increased the Cyans and Blues in the Highlights. These are my settings:
7. We now add Selective Colour because this can de/saturate a colour without using vibrance and it can change the colour of the whole gif. As I wanted the reds+yellows to stand out, I increased those colours and decreased the others. Here are my settings:
here is how my gif looks now:
8. I then added a Hue/Saturation layer to bring out the yellows. Here are my settings:
9. I then added another Selective Colour layer and increased the blacks in the blacks because it always makes the gifs look better. here are my settings:
10. I then added a gradient by going to Layer, New fill layer, Gradient, and I chose a strong red(#e10019) and a dark red(#240000) to emphasise the red leaves on the edges of the gif. I used these settings then set it to soft light:
11. This last step is optional but I added a curves layer to make it brighter using these settings:
The finished gif looks like this:
You can add textures onto it to make it prettier like this:
or add light textures like this:
I made this gif into a psd so you can see exactly what’s going on: here
I hope this helped!